Click the Youtube link below to see how the game is played:
Shapes are all around us ! Little ones encounter shapes from a very early age; therefore it is no surprise that they can notice different shapes much before they learn their names and attributes.
Children should be given ample opportunities to explore and play with a variety of shapes in different settings. This knowledge of shapes will later serve as a foundation to acquire a range of new skills.
In this fun game children will learn about shapes through playing with different colourful shape buttons.They will be actively engaged in matching the missing shapes to complete different pictures - a kennel, a truck and a robot to name a few! These pictures will inspire them to create their own designs using a combination of shape buttons.
What’s more: children will enjoy making their own shape necklace by threading the shapes through a lace!
- 7 A6 coloured laminated cards
- 2 A5 coloured laminated cards
- 12 large shape buttons
- Coloured threading lace
- Instructions and ideas to extend learning
Key skills developed:
- Shape recognition, matching, problem solving
- Sorting & colour recognition
- Fine motor skills - hand-eye coordination, pincer grip, strengthening of hand, thumb opposition, finger strength, hand dominance, bilateral coordination & dexterity
- Visual discrimination
- Language development and vocabulary
- Attention & concentration
* Colours may vary