Click the Youtube link below to see how the game is played:
I spy with my two little eyes... a car. It begins with the sound - /c/,/c/, /c/
The knowledge of sounds forms the foundation of reading. Therefore it is vital for children to learn association between sounds and letters. Once acquired, it forms the basis for the development of higher level skills.
In this game children are introduced to letters and sounds in a fun way . Each card has a different theme, carefully selected taking into account children's experiences and interests. The bright, colourful images on each card will captivate your little one's attention and keep them happily engaged. Once children identify the beginning sound of the picture they place the matching letter bead over it.
This fantastic game can be played in different ways depending upon the age and skills of the child. For young children who are not yet familiar with letter sounds , the cards can be used as a starting point of discussion about varied themes. This is a perfect way to build their vocabulary and language skills.
What's more - the letter beads can also be threaded on a lace. Also, the game comes in a handy, colourful zipper pouch that you can carry along anywhere.
- 7 laminated cards (Themes: Underwater Animals, Modes of Transport, Busy City, Living Room, At the Farm , Wildlife Park, and At the Beach )
- 26 letter beads (a to z)
- Colourful lace
- Instructions and ideas to extend learning
Key skills developed:
- Literacy - letter recognition, matching, letter-sound association, vocabulary, language development
- Fine motor skills - hand-eye coordination, pincer grip, strengthening of hand, thumb opposition, hand dominance
- Visual discrimination
- Attention and concentration
* Colours may vary